How to add an email account to Outlook 2003/2007
Email Setup for Outlook 2003
To configure email for Outlook 2003:
- Open Microsoft Outlook 2003.
- Click on the Tools menu.
- Select the Email Accounts option.
- On the Email Accounts Wizard pop-up, select the Add a New Email Account option.
- Click Next.
- On the next screen, for Server Type, select IMAP or POP3.
- Click Next.
- On the next screen, you will be prompted to provide the essential information for your email account, such as:
Your/Display name: anything you want
Email address: enter the full address (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Type of connection: POP3 or IMAP (POP3 recommended but you can read more detailed article)
Incoming mail server: mail.yourdomain.com
Outgoing mail server: mail.yourdomain.com
Username: Your full email address
Password: the email password. Do NOT use SPA (secure password authentication).
- Click More Settings.
- In the Internet Email Settings window that appears, select the Outgoing Server tab.
- Select My Outgoing Server(SMTP) Requires Authentication.
Note: If you did not change the SMTP relay area, then you can select Use Same Settings as My Incoming Mail Server. If the username and password in the SMTP Relay section of the Manage Account Page was changed, select Logon Using and enter the user name and password.
- Navigate to the Advanced tab and change the outgoing server (SMTP) port to 25 or 26. Note: For Comcast/Xfinity Internet customers, port 587 is available for use as ports 25 and 26 are blocked on their network.
No SSL boxes should be checked
- Click OK.
- Click Next - this should also action the testing email to ensure that it is connecting correctly.
- Finally, click Finish.